The first part of the tutorial consists in creating an Acronis Rescue Media USB Flash drive. So let’s see step by step how I did it.
1) First, I used the Acronis True Image desktop shortcut to launch the software:
2) Then I clicked “RESCUE MEDIA BUILDER” entry in the Tools Section to launch the Rescue Media Builder Wizard:
3) I selected Acronis bootable rescue media as the bootable media type:
4) I connected the USB flash drive that I wanted to use in one of the computer USB port and I selected it as the media destination disk (the D: drive in this tutorial). Watch out, the content of the USB flash drive is erased during the process so be sure to choose the proper one and with a capacity of at least 1GB.
5) The next step displayed a summary with the name of the destination drive ans the space required. That seemed correct so I clicked the “Proceed” button to initiate the process.
6) The wizard started to copy the files onto the USB flash drive:
7) The creation of the rescue media disk was rather quick and I got the confirmation that it had been created successfully after less than a minute.
I now had a Acronis Rescue Media USB Flash drive and I was ready to create a backup of the disk with my C: drive. You can see how I did it in the next part of the tutorialThe post Creation of the Acronis Rescue Media USB Flash drive appeared first on EatYourBytes